You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer Data to new Iphone stuck in Setting up your apple id

Im tryring to transfer my data from my iphone 7 plus to my new iohone 12 promax. It's always stuck ini setting up your Apple ID. Already try to force restart but the result still the same when I redo the step

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 12:55 AM

1 reply

Dec 22, 2020 11:46 AM in response to abamid

Hi abamid,

We can imagine that you're excited to start using your iPhone 12 Pro Max, and we want to make sure the restore process works as expected. When you see the screen that says, "Setting up your Apple ID", how long does it appear on the screen? Also, are you restoring the iPhone 12 Pro Max from an iCloud backup, or are you using another option like Quick Start?

If you're using Quick Start, let's try using the steps below and let us know if it changes the behavior.

Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please let us know what you find and we'll take it from there.

Have a great day!

Transfer Data to new Iphone stuck in Setting up your apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.