Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life

I have a message on battery life, it says: THE BATTERY'S CAPACITY IS SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCED. TO RESTORE CAPACITY, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SERVICE OPTION.

When I click on service option, don't get much help as my MACBOOK air 13" is a bit old.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 6:29 AM

This type of message usually denotes to Capacity in the battery is very low and it can not reliably provide power to operate the computer. Good idea until you can setup an appointment with Apple Store or Apple Authorized Dealer to replace the battery is to keep it plugged in. Try not to leave the replacement process drag on too long.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2020 6:29 AM in response to bmf123

This type of message usually denotes to Capacity in the battery is very low and it can not reliably provide power to operate the computer. Good idea until you can setup an appointment with Apple Store or Apple Authorized Dealer to replace the battery is to keep it plugged in. Try not to leave the replacement process drag on too long.

Battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.