Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air battery not working

I haven't used by MacBook for years and when I started using it , its battery does not work and got the message for service recommendations. I bought this MacBook Air last year. Can any one help me on it

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 7:48 PM

manaranjanrath Said:

"MacBook Air battery not working: I haven't used by MacBook for years and when I started using it , its battery does not work and got the message for service recommendations. I bought this MacBook Air last year. Can any one help me on it"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Charge:

Refer to the following....

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

B. Try a New Charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2022 7:48 PM in response to manaranjanrath

manaranjanrath Said:

"MacBook Air battery not working: I haven't used by MacBook for years and when I started using it , its battery does not work and got the message for service recommendations. I bought this MacBook Air last year. Can any one help me on it"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Charge:

Refer to the following....

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

B. Try a New Charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

Aug 28, 2022 8:41 PM in response to manaranjanrath

manaranjanrath Said:

"MacBook Air battery not working: Thank you very much for your input. I tried to set SMC and NVRAM but it dint work. I have apple M1 Chip. any other suggestion?"

-------

You are welcome.

Troubleshooting Mac Boot:

Try the links I provided. Also, try the following...

A. Try Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to fix issues

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode: [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Restart; your Mac
  5. Log in: as same user

B. See if your Hard drive is Failing:

What to Try:

1. Boot: into Recovery Mode.  Go Here:  How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support
  2. Select: Disk Utility
  3. Select: the Drive
  4. Click: First Aid button

MacBook Air battery not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.