Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Default photo naming in iOS 14.2.1

Hi

I upgraded my iPhone XS to iPhone 12 Pro a couple of weeks ago and now I see that the photos are automatically named with a prefix "IMG_..." which used to be in a format "yyyy-mm-dd hh.mm.ss".

I can not find a place where I can change that naming logic (although I vaguely remember doing it years ago) and it makes me mad. I have a huge filing logic based on the file format names and if that is somehow changed to something that makes no sense, then I don't know what to do.

Can someone help me understand where I can change it to the "yyyy-mm-dd hh.mm.ss" format again? Is it connected to what format i'm are the photos taken in? Anything else?

Software version 14.2.1.

Thank you!

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 6:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 7:22 AM

I mean when I airdrop the photo to my laptop, then I can see the filename "IMG_...", which used to be "yyyy-mm-dd hh.mm.ss". Did I imagine this?

4 replies

Dec 20, 2020 7:16 AM in response to ylle84

Where do you see the Photo Names on an iPhone? IMG_????

It would be better if you can please re-post with a screenshot, in order to understand the phenomenon better. Images / pictures speak louder than words. Do not provide any personal credentials, such as email id, apple id, IMEI number, Serial Number, Phone number, Order ID, if you are sharing a map ensure your location is not identifiable. Etc.

Default photo naming in iOS 14.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.