Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LG tv screen mirror - peloton works but fitness + doesn’t?!!!

Guys, in anticipation of fitness plus’s being available, I bought a new LG tv with built in Apple TV (or so I thought). Setup my workout room in basement and tried out my first workout today with my wife. Disappointingly screen mirror will stop working as soon as I start the workout on the tv. Only the audio comes thru!

I tried peloton app next and it work great with screen mirroring!

what the heck Apple, I am. It buying an Apple TV when all other Apple TV functionality is Available for me on the LG TV’s Apple TV app.

you guys need to fix this or offer a work around?

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 8:44 AM

when all other Apple TV functionality is Available for me on the LG TV’s Apple TV app.

The Apple TV app is merely for accessing iTunes purchases and other Apple TV channels. The Apple TV hardware offers much more than that and the app is not a replacement for it.

The service states that it needs the Fitness app, if you want to use it on your TV then you will need the Apple TV hardware.

FYI: This is a user forum, you aren't addressing Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2020 8:44 AM in response to thomson18

when all other Apple TV functionality is Available for me on the LG TV’s Apple TV app.

The Apple TV app is merely for accessing iTunes purchases and other Apple TV channels. The Apple TV hardware offers much more than that and the app is not a replacement for it.

The service states that it needs the Fitness app, if you want to use it on your TV then you will need the Apple TV hardware.

FYI: This is a user forum, you aren't addressing Apple.

LG tv screen mirror - peloton works but fitness + doesn’t?!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.