Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erratic Behavior in IOS Share Sheet

In Safari, often certain apps are missing from share sheet.  But if I tap on the loaded webpage, closing the share sheet, and select the share icon a second time, the missing apps appear.  This doesn't happen all the time but it happens often enough to be extremely annoying, especially since the app I use most often is one which doesn't appear on the first attempt.  

This happens on both my iPhone 11 (IOS 14.3) and on my iPad Pro 2019 (iPadOS 14.3).  This problem has existed for weeks despite different OS updates and several reboots.  I tried clearing history and website data but that didn't correct the problem.

There are other reports of missing apps with share sheet but no mention of the fact that the missing apps appear on the second attempt.  Also, the suggested solution, closing all apps and rebooting, does not correct the problem for me. 

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 6:02 PM

Thanks for the link in your first reply. When I tried it earlier something went wrong and it didn't appear useful. Now when I tried it a second time I found what you meant. I wasn't aware that option for support even existed.

Thanks again for your help.

4 replies

Dec 22, 2020 12:46 PM in response to JohnMsat

Hello JohnMsat,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, it sounds like there are apps missing from the Share area when in Safari. We'll do what we can to help.

See if the behavior changes when you add the app to Favorites: Share menu > Scroll all the way to the right to More > Edit. Tap the '+' icon to add the ones you want to favorites.

If you're still having issues, since it's happening on two separate devices and relates to the software, the best thing to do is reach out to Apple Support directly: Get Support

Enjoy your day.

Erratic Behavior in IOS Share Sheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.