Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Big Sur 11.1 Safari issue with Google Search engine

As you can see from the screenshot. The Google splash image is covering my search box. This just started and I can't find a way to fix it. This doesn't happen on my OS 14 or iOS14 devices, just my Mac. This is my latest issue. Prior to this starting today, the search box text and type was cut off and very small. It's starting to drive me crazy. Any ideas how to fix this bug?

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 1:30 PM

Hello lorifromseaforth.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see that you are not able to perform a Google search because the search box is covered by the splash page. We will be glad to assist.

Let's clear your browsing history and quit Safari, then restart your Mac to see if that helps.

Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac

Quit apps on Mac

Cheers.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2020 1:30 PM in response to lorifromseaforth

Hello lorifromseaforth.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see that you are not able to perform a Google search because the search box is covered by the splash page. We will be glad to assist.

Let's clear your browsing history and quit Safari, then restart your Mac to see if that helps.

Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac

Quit apps on Mac

Cheers.

Mac Big Sur 11.1 Safari issue with Google Search engine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.