Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacement Phone

I would like alternative options on the replacement of my phone. I tried to purchase the replacement before however apple is requesting a $1,200 hold on my credit card which cannot be placed. Please help assist me with additional options

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 12:11 PM

Basically you have two choices if you cannot book an appointment at your local Apple Store due to regulations or for other reasons and you are in warranty or have active AppleCare coverage:

1) Send your phone into Apple. If it is diagnosed to be defective, your phone will be replaced, though this process may take a few weeks.

2) Provide a credit card number and a new phone will be shipped to your and a hold placed on your credit card until your old phone is received by Apple.

Those are your choices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2020 12:11 PM in response to annastesia88

Basically you have two choices if you cannot book an appointment at your local Apple Store due to regulations or for other reasons and you are in warranty or have active AppleCare coverage:

1) Send your phone into Apple. If it is diagnosed to be defective, your phone will be replaced, though this process may take a few weeks.

2) Provide a credit card number and a new phone will be shipped to your and a hold placed on your credit card until your old phone is received by Apple.

Those are your choices.

Replacement Phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.