Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple malfunctions in editing playlist in Apple Music

1. Whiling editing the same playlist, and in the same edit session, moving songs up and down starts malfunctioning. The song being moved does not show in the new row. Instead, the song underneath it shows twice.
  2. Add music option does not show after a few edit/done operations.
  3. when the above happen, adding songs externally does not work, either.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 7:29 AM

Hi ounver,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. Being able to edit playlists is definitely important. it sounds like you're running into a few issues with the interface in the Music app when you're editing playlists.

Does this happen every time you edit playlists as described, or is it intermittent?

Also, you mentioned the same playlist; for clarification, do you mean this happens with only one playlist, or does it happen if you create a brand new playlist as well?

Since this started happening, have you restarted your iPhone? Restart your iPhone

Do you use Apple Music on any other iOS devices or an iPad? If so, are you able to replicate the issue on another device?

Hopefully restarting helps. If it doesn't, let us know the answers to the above questions, and be sure to include your iOS version as well.

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2020 7:29 AM in response to ounver

Hi ounver,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. Being able to edit playlists is definitely important. it sounds like you're running into a few issues with the interface in the Music app when you're editing playlists.

Does this happen every time you edit playlists as described, or is it intermittent?

Also, you mentioned the same playlist; for clarification, do you mean this happens with only one playlist, or does it happen if you create a brand new playlist as well?

Since this started happening, have you restarted your iPhone? Restart your iPhone

Do you use Apple Music on any other iOS devices or an iPad? If so, are you able to replicate the issue on another device?

Hopefully restarting helps. If it doesn't, let us know the answers to the above questions, and be sure to include your iOS version as well.

Cheers.

Dec 24, 2020 2:30 PM in response to ryane77

Thank you for the advice. I had not thought about restarting. Tried it and the edit functions work fine now.

As for your questions:

It is intermittent. So far it happened with two playlists. I have Apple Music on other devices but I listen to music basically on my iPad Pro. I did not try to replicate or check on another device. My iOS version is 14.2 and iPad Pro is 4th generation (not 3rd as I mistakenly put it when I posted the question).

‘Thanks again.

Multiple malfunctions in editing playlist in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.