Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted my photos on my phone - how do I download the last iCloud backup of my photos?

I deleted the photos on my phone - how do I download the last backup from my iCloud?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 9:57 PM

There may be yet another way. On your phone, open your Photos app, check the album called, ‘Recently Deleted’. When you delete your iPhone pictures, they will sit in the Recently Deleted album for 30 days, unless you go and also delete them from that album as well. Good luck!

2 replies

Dec 20, 2020 7:23 PM in response to MaryPerez101

If you sync photos with iCloud, when you delete them on your phone, they will delete from iCloud as well. iCloud is not an archive. It is a syncing service.

Go to Settings > Your Name > Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store

Tap iCloud

Are photos turned on?

If they are and you deleted the photos from your phone, they are also gone from iCloud. The only way you could get them back is if you created a backup before you started syncing photos with the cloud. Did you?

I deleted my photos on my phone - how do I download the last iCloud backup of my photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.