Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i recover permanently deleted photos from my icloud backup without losing all my data on my phone

can i recover permanently deleted photos from my icloud backup without losing all my data on my phone

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 1:12 PM

If you have a backup that does include all of the photos that you permanently deleted, you can restore that backup in order to recover the photos. However, if your backup is six weeks old, all of the data from the last six weeks will be overwritten by restoring the backup. When you restore a backup, you restore all of the content that was on the device on that date and time.

If you backup with iCloud automatically every day and the backup that contains those photos is older than two days old, those photos may be gone anyway.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2021 1:12 PM in response to eedeed

If you have a backup that does include all of the photos that you permanently deleted, you can restore that backup in order to recover the photos. However, if your backup is six weeks old, all of the data from the last six weeks will be overwritten by restoring the backup. When you restore a backup, you restore all of the content that was on the device on that date and time.

If you backup with iCloud automatically every day and the backup that contains those photos is older than two days old, those photos may be gone anyway.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.