Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cursor Freezes on Monitor

I just bought a one of the new MBP M1 13". I also bought a HDMI to USB-C cable in order to connect it to a second monitor (Samsung 32" curved). I use it as a second screen and whenever i move the mouse over to it it completely freezes and can occasionally move it back to the laptop screen but cannot use it on the 2nd screen at all. I thought the whole screen must be frozen but when I try to play a video on the monitor it plays fine its just the cursor that is unresponsive. When i change the settings to make it a mirror screen the mouse moves perfectly fine on the laptop screen but is still frozen on the monitor but nothing else on the monitor is frozen. Pls help

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 12:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 1:34 AM

1). Check your accessibility settings (Settings>General>accessibility > Switches) to see if a switch has been defined and activated. I if there is a switch activated, that could be the problem. So delete the switch.

AND

In Settings, make sure you have background app activities enabled everywhere they need to be.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2020 1:34 AM in response to YoungYoungstar

1). Check your accessibility settings (Settings>General>accessibility > Switches) to see if a switch has been defined and activated. I if there is a switch activated, that could be the problem. So delete the switch.

AND

In Settings, make sure you have background app activities enabled everywhere they need to be.

Cursor Freezes on Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.