Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur slowing down my computer

from Mojave is Big sure slowing down my computer mac book air 2017 ? any experience ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 6:15 AM

14 replies

Dec 21, 2020 10:34 AM in response to danmartlu

Download and run Etrecheck. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Copy the report

and use the Additional Text button to include the report in your reply.

IMPORTANT:

Before running Etrecheck assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck in the Etrecheck's Privacy preference pane so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

Also click and read the About info to further permit full disk access.

Then we can examine the report and see if we can determine what might be causing the problem.

Dec 21, 2020 3:58 PM in response to danmartlu

So if no crap ware installed except a program from FileMaker , cause I’m all iCloud drive , it should be good ?

It should run fine.

Given that the only people that come here are complaints, and I don't remember a huge number of posts about 2017 MBAs slowed by Big Sur, I would surmise that the vast majority of 2017 MBA users aren't having a problem.

Big Sur slowing down my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.