Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 3

Why I can only see 5 apps on my main screen. I can’t see other apps such as Netflix, YouTube etc. I use the A1469

of apple tv

thanks in advance

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 4:01 PM

The third generation Apple TV does not use Apps, it only has Server Pushed channels. There is no way to add or remove channels only hide or show them from the Settings app.

If you only see a small number channels. Check Settings->Main Menu and make sure the rest are not hidden.

5 replies

Dec 22, 2020 8:54 AM in response to Ascend032

As mentioned the channels are pushed from the server, so you see any and all channels that are being pushed unless they are hidden in the Settings menu.

Available Channels are region based, and as such not all channels may be available in all locations.

If nothing is hidden in Settings->Main Menu, then there's some other issue. Just pulled out my old 3rd gen Apple TV and I can still see many channels.

The only other option where channels may not show, is when the Apple TV does not have an internet connection. However, in that case generally only the Settings and Computers channels are visible. And you get a message to that effect at the top.

Apple TV 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.