Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud Files Pending Sync on Windows 10

Recently my icloud drive stopped syncing (uploading to be more specific) files from windows 10. It can however download it, if I copy a file to icloud drive from my iphone. I have tried everything mentioned on various sites including apple. I have also reinstalled the drive and signed in again. Nothing has worked so far. I have contacted apple support, they have not been very useful so far either. The last instructions I received was to reinstall the icloud drive which I did and the problem still exists.

Any suggestions?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 2:02 PM

Dear Matthew,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have searched for a solution to this problem for days and tried everything you have mentioned and alot more. Non of these help.

[Solution] One of your colleagues asked me to create another user account. This solved my problem and my icloud syncs all files now.

From my searches regarding this issue, I realised that a lot more people have the same issue and the suggestions from either apple or other people have not helped them. Could you please put this solution in your FAQs, it will help so many others. Also people with this problem may also complain about their icloud (or onedrive, dropbox) folder freezing/hanging for about a minute or so upon opening. All of this will be solved by just creating another user account.

Instructions for creating another user account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-10-20de74e0-ac7f-3502-a866-32915af2a34d

Note: Non of your existing files will be lost by creating another user account. Once everything is set, you may want to delete ur corrupted user account and make the new one have admin rights.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2020 2:02 PM in response to Matthew.S81

Dear Matthew,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have searched for a solution to this problem for days and tried everything you have mentioned and alot more. Non of these help.

[Solution] One of your colleagues asked me to create another user account. This solved my problem and my icloud syncs all files now.

From my searches regarding this issue, I realised that a lot more people have the same issue and the suggestions from either apple or other people have not helped them. Could you please put this solution in your FAQs, it will help so many others. Also people with this problem may also complain about their icloud (or onedrive, dropbox) folder freezing/hanging for about a minute or so upon opening. All of this will be solved by just creating another user account.

Instructions for creating another user account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-10-20de74e0-ac7f-3502-a866-32915af2a34d

Note: Non of your existing files will be lost by creating another user account. Once everything is set, you may want to delete ur corrupted user account and make the new one have admin rights.

Dec 23, 2020 1:41 PM in response to maiwand66

Hey there maiwand66,

We understand you've been unable to upload files to iCloud from your Windows computer. We'll be happy to help.

To begin, we'd recommend checking your available iCloud storage. If this is full, you might experience issues uploading. Use these steps: Manage your iCloud storage

Also, we'd suggest trying the upload from the iCloud website to see if this allows it to go through. Use these steps: Upload and download files from iCloud Drive on iCloud.com

If you still experience the issue, definitely reach back out to Apple Support directly and they can assist further. Use this link: Get Support

Cheers!

Icloud Files Pending Sync on Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.