Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what if I already have some files that were transferred over from old mac to new mac?

Can I migrate (or transfer) just some of my apps, documents, from my old iMac desktop to my new Mac. and not all of them incase there are glitches in stuff on my old mac?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 12:02 PM

You can but it would be a completely manual process. If you use Migration Assistant it is an all or nothing proposition. In other words, if you select data files it will migrate all of your data files.

2 replies

Dec 21, 2020 12:06 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Thank you. I don't want to Migrate, I don't think, since I am afraid I will run into problems. I am really trying to just get my Mail inboxes with all the folders transferred. I already have Mail but now need to copy over from old Mac to new. another subject, I. kow. but thanks for your advice. I'm not going to use Migration Assistant at this point.

what if I already have some files that were transferred over from old mac to new mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.