Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I belive my account was hacked and someone changed the name of my device. How can I trace who/when that was changed?

Is there a way to tell what device was logged into my account and to find out what phone or location changed my device name and when?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 6:25 PM

No, there isn't. You can only see devices currently logged in.

Check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.    

Apple ID Password Change.      

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2020 6:25 PM in response to AccountNameChanged

No, there isn't. You can only see devices currently logged in.

Check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.    

Apple ID Password Change.      

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

I belive my account was hacked and someone changed the name of my device. How can I trace who/when that was changed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.