Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Sound Notifications

How do I change the sound of the Ring Notification on iPhone? Currently the phone sound is the same as the wall ChimePro. With two users sharing the same home account, it’s difficult to see who’s iPhone is receiving the notification. We try to only keep one user at a time, but hard to do when we’re both in/out through a given day. Thx!

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 8:46 PM

You're very welcome. Here is a screenshot of part of the settings area I was referring to. I've clipped off a little of it to reduce the file size. Let me know if this helps. This is from the Ring app on my iPhone. Merry Christmas to you and yours and Happy New Year.

5 replies

Dec 22, 2020 3:59 PM in response to d.porter1

I'm sorry, I read Ring, and I made the incorrect assumption that you were referring to the phone.

I have a Ring devices as well, and can help with that. If you open the Ring app on your device, in the upper left corner, tap on the 3 lines to open the menu. Tap on Devices, then select your Doorbell. Scroll down and select Device Settings. Go to Alert Settings, then App Alert Tones. There is a setting for the doorbell ring, and you can also see a selection for Motions, tap on that and see the selection. I've been out at the store as well and heard the Windchimes, which is the default tone for Motions, and have seen more than one individual reach for their device to check to see if that was their notification. This should help you. I'm sorry I misunderstood your original question.

Dec 22, 2020 7:53 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you for the reply... but that is the instructions on how to change the sound of my incoming telephone calls. I understand how to do that, plus how to change the sound did incoming texts, email, calendar, etc. But this doesn’t help me in changing the sound of my Ring Security System on my iPhone. This is important, because lots of people have this system within my community, and when I’m out shopping I hear other people’s phones with the same Ring System sound. I’d like to change my sound.

iPhone Sound Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.