Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 12 dropping 5G and LTE

I have a Iphone 12 Pro Max. Each time when I go outside the house, or traveling between home and work, the data coverage drops and I can't even send imassge out. I suspect it might have something to do with the fact that the device is confused between 5G and LTE. Once it stuck in that mode, no matter what I do (switch airplane mode on and off, data on/off...), nothing helps. I can't connect to any data. The only way to make it work is to reboot the phone. I ended up rebooting my phone three of four times a day, in order to force the phone to work again. Can you please help? Under Cellular, I have roaming off, Voice and Data set to "5G On", and Data Mode set to "Allow More Data on 5G". Thanks.

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 6:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 6:08 PM

Have you contacted your carrier to make sure your account is properly provisioned? Might not be the issue but you should definitely check to make sure there aren’t any issues they need to address.

1 reply

IPhone 12 dropping 5G and LTE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.