Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am getting conflicting information. Please clarify. If I want to free up space but still keep my photos in my cloud is there anyway to delete the photos off my phone and still keep all of them backed up on the cloud

I am getting conflicting information. Please clarify. If I want to free up space but still keep my photos in my cloud is there anyway to delete the photos off my phone and still keep all of them backed up on the cloud

iPhone X

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 7:21 PM

aprilleigh1973 wrote:

What you are proposing, i.e. keeping photos in iCloud and deleting from the device is impossible when using iCloud and its services as that’s not how it was designed or how it works.  If you delete the photos from the device, they will be deleted everywhere - your iCloud and all devices you’re signed in to.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2020 7:21 PM in response to aprilleigh1973

aprilleigh1973 wrote:

What you are proposing, i.e. keeping photos in iCloud and deleting from the device is impossible when using iCloud and its services as that’s not how it was designed or how it works.  If you delete the photos from the device, they will be deleted everywhere - your iCloud and all devices you’re signed in to.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.