Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3.6

Sorry people from my research I see there's been much about this issue with many variations.

my computer has been out of action for several years and recently purchase another late 2012 27" iMac,El Capitan has been installed,I need to if possible install Aperture 3.6,I have aperture 3.0 which was purchased with my late 2009 iMac,I see Aperture 3.4.5 is available for down load from the apple store, from my research it seems very difficult to gain a copy of Aperture 3.6, anyone can assist this would be kindly appreciated.

Thank You for Your Time.

Tazzan5

iMac 27″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 3:29 AM

Thank You Leonie for Your very prompt reply to my enquire, kindly appreciate for a very informative and direct reply,I shall seek to

enquire if I can gain a copy of 3.6 installer.

The new refurbished iMac will not be used on line.

Thank You Kindly for Your Help and assistance.

Wish You and the community the best for the festive season and the New Year yet to unfold.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2020 3:29 AM in response to Tazzan5

Thank You Leonie for Your very prompt reply to my enquire, kindly appreciate for a very informative and direct reply,I shall seek to

enquire if I can gain a copy of 3.6 installer.

The new refurbished iMac will not be used on line.

Thank You Kindly for Your Help and assistance.

Wish You and the community the best for the festive season and the New Year yet to unfold.

Dec 22, 2020 1:41 AM in response to Tazzan5

Aperture 3.6 has only been available from the AppStore, never as a download and update to the versions, that have been sold on installer disks.

You have waited too long. When Apple moved Aperture to the App Store when the Aperture 3.5 update has been released for MacOS 10.9 Mavericks in 2014, there has been a short window of opportunity, when we could transfer the older Aperture Licences to the App Store and get an AppStore licence for Aperture. This is no longer possible, because the development of Aperture has been stopped in 2015, and Aperture is no longer sold.

Now you can only get a copy of Aperture 3.6, if Apple Support is willing to help. If you just got yourself a new Mac and need to set it up, Apple Support may be willing to help and provide an Aperture 3.6 installer, as you own an Aperture 3 serial number.

The Aperture 3.4.5 updater is the last update that has been offered freely for downloading from Apple's download page. It is just an Updater, not a full installer. You need first to install Aperture 3 from your installer disks, if you can get the installer to run. The certificate may have expired. And the installer may contain legacy code, that cannot run on El Capitan.

But Aperture 3.4.5 will not help on your current system, and even of you downgrade to MacOS 10.8 Mountain Lion, so you can run Aperture 3.4.5, it will crash constantly, unless you are keeping the Mac offline, because the code needs access to the old Google Maps that are no longer available.

You can open your old Aperture Libraries in Photos for Mac to get access to your photos, while you decide, which application you will use as a replacement for Aperture in the long run. See: Migrate your Aperture library to the Photos app or Adobe Lightroom Classic - Apple Support

Aperture 3.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.