Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV app

My Vizio tv has the Apple TV app installed and I signed in but I am still being asked to pay for shows and channels that I have because of my TV provider. I am signed in to my TV provider on my phone and on the Apple TV mobile app and i’m able to watch my shows on my phone. when I go watch on my TV it’s as if i’m not signed into my TV provider there. only way to watch is to cast or airplay which is a pain sometimes.

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 4:37 AM

The Apple TV app on your iPhone (Apple hardware and Apple OS) is able to link to select external apps for TV provider services.

That is not the case in the Apple TV app on smart TVs (third party hardware and third party OS). You may have to see if those external apps are available from the App Store equivalent of your TV manufacturer, and sign in there manually. Or use AirPlay.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2020 4:37 AM in response to jbro7100

The Apple TV app on your iPhone (Apple hardware and Apple OS) is able to link to select external apps for TV provider services.

That is not the case in the Apple TV app on smart TVs (third party hardware and third party OS). You may have to see if those external apps are available from the App Store equivalent of your TV manufacturer, and sign in there manually. Or use AirPlay.

Apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.