Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Channels on AppleTV+

On my Mac and only Samsung TV that has AppleTV+ built in, I see other channels available like CBS All Access, Epix, HBO Now, etc.

I have been a subscriber to most, if not all of these since before the AppleTV+ Service was available. How do I sign into my account on the AppleTV+ App? I can only see where they want me to sign up. No area for "existing customer"

Thanks

QRQ60,

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 6:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2020 7:18 AM

Your options the are:

1. Cancel your existing subscriptions and start the subscriptions through the Apple TV app channels.
  2. Get a streaming box, such as an Apple TV, Roku, Firestick etc.. and use the apps in it.
4 replies

Apr 23, 2020 7:02 AM in response to Jim143

You can’t. These channels require a separate subscription, and these are not exchangeable with subscriptions through a separate app or through the web. You may have to make a choice if you want to commit to the Apple TV app exclusively for this.

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Apr 23, 2020 7:09 AM in response to Urquhart1244

**Not directed to you*** but that is poor planning, especially being so late to the streaming party. I am having issues with the built in Hulu, Epix and CBS apps on the TV. Instead of resetting the TV once or twice a week to get them working, I wanted to try to go into the AppleTV+ app to watch them.

Since Samsung is blaming the developers of the app and the developers of the app are blaming the TVOS, the customer (me) is stuck in the middle. If I can't use the AppleTV+ app, then I need to find another way to stream the contents of these apps because resetting the tv and going through the entire set up process for the tv AND all the apps involved is not an option.

Apr 23, 2020 7:49 AM in response to Jim143

No, you are simply misunderstanding the nature of it works.

Apple TV Channels are completely separate from Apple TV Plus, which is Apple's streaming service. They work much in the same way as Amazon Channels, where they are separate subscriptions and allow certain perks based on that. If one has an existing subscription they need to use a separate app, however if they exclusively use a the TV app (or Prime Video) then they can use that subscription.

TVOS is a platform for Apple TV hardware, if you do not have that device then that is not relevant. If you are having issues with the built in apps on your smart TV then that is a separate matter. When having issues with 3rd party apps on any platform it is up to the developer to fix it.

Channels on AppleTV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.