Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After the latest update, iphone MAC address change?

After updating to the latest version, the wifi address still the same in the "About", but if you look in the devices connected in the Router its totally different.

I am an IT manager in a Hotel, and we have a list of Mac Adresses for the employees which are allowed to use the Wifi, after the updates i have to retreive the new Mac Adress using the IP.

As security, its totally not accepted from Apple this bug, because the wifi addresses that appears in the phones are totally different from my log server, so all phones are untraceble .

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 2:25 AM

khaliljoe wrote:

After updating to the latest version, the wifi address still the same in the "About", but if you look in the devices connected in the Router its totally different.
I am an IT manager in a Hotel, and we have a list of Mac Adresses for the employees which are allowed to use the Wifi, after the updates i have to retreive the new Mac Adress using the IP.
As security, its totally not accepted from Apple this bug, because the wifi addresses that appears in the phones are totally different from my log server, so all phones are untraceble .

Not a bug.

It's a new feature in iOS.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT211227

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2020 2:25 AM in response to khaliljoe

khaliljoe wrote:

Not a bug.

It's a new feature in iOS.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT211227

After the latest update, iphone MAC address change?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.