Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

homepod mini wont connect to router

I have today recieved delivery of the new HomePod mini and am having difficulty setting up.

When the setup screen appears on my iPad Pro it says " the current wifi network from this iPad cannot be used to set up your HomePod" it then opens the wifi settings on the iPad. The router is a Virgin Media Hub and is quite new the security is WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK.

Any ideas on what I should do, I will say I am not about to buy a new router. Thanks

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 5:18 AM

7 replies

Dec 22, 2020 5:35 AM in response to Notehideas

Your router may have an option called client/wireless isolation, or something similar enabled. This gives wireless clients access to the Internet, but not the other computers on your local network. Turn this feature off. You might also have multiple SSIDs where one is a guest account with similar restrictions. If so forget that network from your phone so that it only tries to use a compatible service.

Try If you can’t set up HomePod - Apple Support.

tt2

Dec 22, 2020 6:18 AM in response to turingtest2

I never use hotspots and auto join hotspots is turned off.

I think the HomePod mini is saying the security is not good enough and I see on the setting page it says

" WPA/WPA2 is not considered secure, configure to use WPA2 (AES) or WPA3"

These option are not available in Virgin Media Hub 3 so I think unless there is a workaround HomePod mini will not work.

homepod mini wont connect to router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.