Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod can not connect to a New WiFi network. It always has in the past??

HomePod, 14

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 11:40 AM

Well, I reset my HomePod Mini using the manual method of tapping and holding the top and everything went perfectly well. Did you follow the instructions to the letter? Did you keep holding the top after the light turned red? Did you wait for the three beeps before letting go? The following support document lists three ways you can reset your HomePod. Study it carefully. If you still can’t revive it then take it to an Apple Store or authorized Apple service center for examination and diagnosis. You say you’ve only had it a week so it’s definitely under warranty.

Learn how to reset your HomePod or HomePod mini to its factory settings.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 11:40 AM in response to Jacobschmidt

Well, I reset my HomePod Mini using the manual method of tapping and holding the top and everything went perfectly well. Did you follow the instructions to the letter? Did you keep holding the top after the light turned red? Did you wait for the three beeps before letting go? The following support document lists three ways you can reset your HomePod. Study it carefully. If you still can’t revive it then take it to an Apple Store or authorized Apple service center for examination and diagnosis. You say you’ve only had it a week so it’s definitely under warranty.

Learn how to reset your HomePod or HomePod mini to its factory settings.

Nov 5, 2021 4:25 AM in response to waltersurfer

I now have two homepod minis that I cant do anything with. I tried to connect the homepod to a new network via the home app by following the reset guide. I was able to remove the homepod from the home app - GREAT! It still wants to connect to some network and cannot do anything other than say "I'm having trouble connecting to the internet". Same response when trying to do a "Press the top of HomePod to reset it". That doesn't work. At the moment I cant see my homepod mini in the home app and I cant add it again. I've had this product for a week and now I cant use it any more. Can anyone PLEASE help!..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.