Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purpose of Apple TV+

Can someone please explain to me the purpose of Apple TV+? Apple just started billing me $6 a month for this service. All I've ever been able to get from this service is that I can buy the opportunity to watch movies and shows using my Apple TV. Why should I pay Apple for the opportunity to pay them again? If I want to watch something, I can just rent or buy it on iTunes without paying Apple $6 a month. I don't get it. Can someone please explain this to me? Thanks. Happy holidays and stay safe.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 6:15 AM

There seems to be a misunderstanding regarding Apple TV+.

Apple TV+ is a subscription channel for Apple Original content. It is optional.

You will need the Apple TV+ subscription to see any of the Apple TV+ content. It is not available elsewhere.

Other content, particularly movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store, is NOT part of this subscription. You don’t need a subscription to buy or rent these titles. Even though both types are available in the same app.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2020 6:15 AM in response to Stephen Glick

There seems to be a misunderstanding regarding Apple TV+.

Apple TV+ is a subscription channel for Apple Original content. It is optional.

You will need the Apple TV+ subscription to see any of the Apple TV+ content. It is not available elsewhere.

Other content, particularly movies and TV shows from the iTunes Store, is NOT part of this subscription. You don’t need a subscription to buy or rent these titles. Even though both types are available in the same app.

Purpose of Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.