Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GoPro 4K time lapse not playing correctly

I have a set of 4 4K time lapses I filmed on a GoPro hero 8. The original format was AVC format. I downloaded the 4 MP4 files from the GoPro and loaded them into FCPX it transcoded them into ProRes 422 as usual. If I skim all the frames are there. It has a duration that is reasonable (like let's say 10 seconds on average). I added my usual title video sequence and the 4 clips onto the timeline, added my title overlays. And press play and the title clip plays as usual, the time lapse videos instantly finish. FCPX tells me the timeline should have a ~50 second duration. Figuring something failed on the import transcoding I brought the original clips into compressor and transcoded them manually into prores 422 HQ, and it all worked fine and in quicktime player it plays as I expect (the 10'ish second duration) but in FCPX the preview plays instantly and nothing I can do so far will make it play the normal 30fps I had the videos set to.

quicktime clearly knows the duration and it plays silky smooth

fcpx thinks it knows the duration but doesn't play it that way (plays it instantly)

MacBook

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 1:03 PM

What I noticed was every video was hosed this way (including youtube and Vimeo) so figured it was an OS issue, so rebooted and everything worked normally. Thanks for all the quick suggestions folks. Here is the final result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U3JoZjdwN0

Similar questions

6 replies

GoPro 4K time lapse not playing correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.