Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone isn’t working, people can’t hear me on FaceTime

people can’t hear me on FaceTime, they say microphone isn’t working. Tried to record a voice message but when I play it back I hear nothing

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 12:38 PM

Hello Dporter003,

Have you restarted your iPad since this started happening?

Restart your iPad

Have you also checked to make sure that the mute button on the left side of your iPad isn't enabled? 

Below is an article for when you hear on sound on your iPad. Follow the steps provided in the article.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

We also recommend checking out this article for help with the microphone: If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

Let us know if that worked for you.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2020 12:38 PM in response to Dporter003

Hello Dporter003,

Have you restarted your iPad since this started happening?

Restart your iPad

Have you also checked to make sure that the mute button on the left side of your iPad isn't enabled? 

Below is an article for when you hear on sound on your iPad. Follow the steps provided in the article.

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

We also recommend checking out this article for help with the microphone: If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

Let us know if that worked for you.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Microphone isn’t working, people can’t hear me on FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.