Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios update

i tried to check for new updates and it only says it is up to date. it is 9.3.5 version. the same happens to all my ipads. my son tried to download a game but it tells him he needs ios or higher. Can you please help?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 1:05 PM

3 replies

Dec 22, 2020 1:35 PM in response to msdsoto18

That iPad model cannot ever upgrade beyond iOS 9.3.5/9.3.6.

Your nearly 10-year old, iPad 2nd gen model is too old, now.

Apple ended support for 8-10 year old iPads, at least, over 3 years, ago.

The internal hardware in that iPad is too old, too underpowred and completely incompatible with all later versions of iOS/iPadOS.

Virtually, all third party iOS app developers ended/stopped/abandoned supporting these old iPads over two years, ago.

There are virtually, NO MORE older iOS 9 or 10 compatible apps available from the Apple iOS App Store, any longer.

Simply put, your 2nd gen iPad is too old and obsolete now.

Sorry.

If you need/want an iPad with an up to date iPadOS with access to current, updated apps, then you really need to seriously consider a new iPad model OR a much, MUCH MUCH “newer” , used iPad model capable of running the latest iPadOS versions.

There are plenty of newer, older iPad models that can run the latest, current versions of iPadOS.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

ios update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.