Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5c charging problems

My wife’s old but reliable 5C iPhone is not charging from an Apple cable that works fine on my XR and my iPad.

The connection doesn’t “snap fit,” it’s as though the port at the base of the iPhone 5C has grown larger?

Anyone got an idea to fix it?

iPhone 5c, 10

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 3:34 AM

I’ve come up with a fix of sorts, but it works. I angled the 5c on the edge of a book with the base of the phone up about 40 degrees and the lowered top of the phone against a work surface. The lightning connector seemed to like that and charged back to 100%. This solution is a bit “Heath Robinson” but it’ll do until a replacement is sourced (probably an SE)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2020 3:34 AM in response to richardfromheswall

I’ve come up with a fix of sorts, but it works. I angled the 5c on the edge of a book with the base of the phone up about 40 degrees and the lowered top of the phone against a work surface. The lightning connector seemed to like that and charged back to 100%. This solution is a bit “Heath Robinson” but it’ll do until a replacement is sourced (probably an SE)

iPhone 5c charging problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.