Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Night shift

Since installing iOS 14.3 my iPhone starts in daylight mode whenever I restart or open a new tab. Then it takes about 20 or more seconds for night shift to kick in. Anyone have a solution or is this just a bug to get patched later? It’s very annoying when I open my phone in a dark room or on the bus at night.

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 9:46 AM

...addendum: this iPhone 8+ is almost 5 years old and has had numerous problems with random time clock and GPS failures starting way back in iOS 11. I took the time to read your suggested tutorial and see that it may be the root cause. Checking with my network provider for repair/replacement because it’s way beyond Apple Care warranty. Thanks again!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2021 9:46 AM in response to Grandblue

...addendum: this iPhone 8+ is almost 5 years old and has had numerous problems with random time clock and GPS failures starting way back in iOS 11. I took the time to read your suggested tutorial and see that it may be the root cause. Checking with my network provider for repair/replacement because it’s way beyond Apple Care warranty. Thanks again!

Dec 24, 2020 1:50 PM in response to Grandblue

Hello Grandblue,

We would like to see how we can help you with Night Shift not working as expected. Which model of iPhone is having the issue? Are you referring to opening a new tab in Safari? Do you have any avaiable updates in the App Store for your apps? Are you using a case or screen protector with the iPhone? Do you have it set to a specific schedule? Check out the steps in this link: Use Night Shift on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Get back to us with some more details, and we can go from there.

Cheers!

Night shift

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.