Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6s plus storage

Storage shows as 15.7 GB used of 16 GB.

1. Photos 1.74 GB
  2. System 6.26 GB
  3. Other 4.8 GB

Out of 16 GB, System and OTHER takes 11 GB. Is there a way to remove this OTHER storage?

I have 682 photos only on my iphone.

how do i free up storage on my iphone? i already tried with RESET option, it works for few days and again same issue.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 9:04 PM

5 replies

Dec 23, 2020 12:25 PM in response to jyoti1807

Welcome, , to Apple Support Communities!

If you are running iOS 14 something, then, you have taken care of that part of the “Other” issue.

You also say you have «tried the RESET option».

Do you mean the backup-wipe-restore procedure outlined in Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support?

If so, then you’ve done all you can, at this time, other than making sure your iOS is kept up to date.

Unfortunately, 16 GB of internal storage is far too small, these days: the System, and the 2–3 GB minimum maintained Available space, just so your iPhone can operate, properly, leaves you with very little space to do much of anything.

If you enable iCloud Photos, and Optimize your device storage, you will, over time, decrease the amount of space used on your iPhone.

However, do be aware that WhatsApp can become quite the space “hog”, over time, and I’m not sure how well one can get it to use iCloud storage, vs. your local device storage.

Dec 22, 2020 10:47 PM in response to jyoti1807

Please try clearing cache

1. To clear cache completely, go to Settings > Safari and tap Clear History and Website Data.
  2. Once again, tap Clear History and Website Data.
  3. If you are having an issue with a particular website, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data.
  4. Now use the search bar at the top to find the website you’re looking for. When you find it, swipe left and tap Delete to clear cache for that particular website.
  5. And also i can see that you have installed alots off app so please try to delete some unnecessary apps also

Dec 23, 2020 10:43 PM in response to jyoti1807

Sorry, jyoti1807, but, other than the backup-wipe-restore, and keeping your iOS up to date, there’s nothing more that can be done, about the “Other” storage category.

Well, there is one thing, but I’m sure you’ve already been doing so: make sure all your “Recently Deleted” “folders” are empty. That includes your Recently Deleted folder in your Photos App, any such in your WhatsApp, as well as your Recently Deleted folder in your Files App.

(That last one includes Recently Deleted files on all your various Cloud storage providers. The Recently Deleted files that are on any of your Cloud storage providers will have little if any affect on your iPhone storage, however.)

Do you have practically all your iCloud settings turned on, so you are maximizing your iCloud usage, while minimizing your iPhone storage usage?

(From your screenshot, we can see that you haven’t turned on iCloud Photos, which is one of the iCloud setting I am referring to.)

That’s about the only other thing you can do to decrease your iPhone storage usage.

If you are having trouble updating Apps and/or updating your iOS, then you’ll need to free up your iPhone storage in order to do so. (With only ~0.3 GB Available, on your iPhone, it is expected that you are having such troubles.)

For instance, for updating your iOS, you backup, wipe, and update your iOS before restoring from the backup.

For your Apps, you try to update them as soon as you have restored from backup.

Have you ever tried seeing how much “Other” storage is being used before restoring from your backup?

Have you ever tried seeing how much “Other” storage is being used immediately after restoring from your backup?

iphone 6s plus storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.