Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 MacBook Pro "Missing USB Class Driver" when trying to print to Canon MG4150

Hello,

I can print by wifi but when connecting by USB got the error "Missing USB Class Driver".

It seems the printer can only scan by usb with Mac. I urgently need to scan documents...

The most updated driver version is for macOS 10.12 (Sierra). Is it supposed to be compatible?

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Luis

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 3:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 4:40 PM

Hi,

The Canon MG4150 is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a printer supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. According to Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support: If your printer is AirPrint-enabled, it’s compatible with macOS. Would it be correct to assume that you are using AirPrint when printing (via Wi-Fi)?

It is interesting to note that there is a section How do I Scan to my Mac computer from my PIXMA multifunctional printer or LiDE scanner using AirPrint? in the following Canon guide:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/#Scanning_Mac

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2020 4:40 PM in response to lmncosta

Hi,

The Canon MG4150 is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a printer supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. According to Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support: If your printer is AirPrint-enabled, it’s compatible with macOS. Would it be correct to assume that you are using AirPrint when printing (via Wi-Fi)?

It is interesting to note that there is a section How do I Scan to my Mac computer from my PIXMA multifunctional printer or LiDE scanner using AirPrint? in the following Canon guide:

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/#Scanning_Mac

M1 MacBook Pro "Missing USB Class Driver" when trying to print to Canon MG4150

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.