Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple 4k TV does green yellow line flickering.

Apple 4k TV does green-yellow line flickering. I did a reboot and still does, it.

I have a new Sony Bravia 4k x900h TV. Apple 4k TV is connected to my sony soundbar with an 18gbs ethernet HDMI. The Soundbar is connect using E-arc from the soundbar to the E-arc of the TV with an 8k 48gbs ethernet HDMI wire. I tried plugging the Apple 4k TV directly into the TV but I get the same results. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 5:40 AM

4 replies

Feb 7, 2021 5:46 PM in response to DrakeOlson

To fix this you have to change your settings on your Apple 4K TV. The correct settings are:

I know it says 4K SDR but the key thing is the matching range and frame rate. The TV will detect what format your TV is playing and adjust accordingly. Try a Netflix or Disney + movie to see. Your TV will so Dolby Vision Bright, Dark, and Vivid. Also, make sure the TV HDMI output reads Dobly Vision. I haven't had any problems since changing this. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Feb 7, 2021 7:15 PM in response to dnice78

I would argue against using Chroma 4:4:4, as that will limit other video properties needlessly. All streaming video is 4:2:0 in source, and upscaling that to 4:4:4 will only double the bandwidth requirements, and not improve the video. The HDMI stream has to stay within the HDMI 2.0 bandwidth limits, and something will have to give. Maybe HDR/DV, maybe resolution, maybe refresh rate. Apple TV will make that choice for you, and that doesn’t need to happen.

Apple 4k TV does green yellow line flickering.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.