You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable lost old iPhone??

Quite awhile back I got a new iPhone and my daughter used my old iPhone 7 on wifi only. Then she lost it. Today I receive a text from someone who found it, and apparently he tried to unlock it because I received text messages with messenger verification code. He is texting me from a different phone; not the iPhone. He described the iphone to me with the specific pop socket on the back, and I assume my phone number came up on the phone as the contact number since it was reported lost.

anyway - this guy is weird and seemingly will not take it to a police station for me to pick up, so perhaps he is up to something. I am done communicating with him.

***Is there a way for me to permanently lock or disable the iPhone so he can’t use it? It’s still linked to my appleID, but is not connected to my data plan.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 7:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 7:34 AM

All you can do is follow these steps; without mobile data it's unclear if any of them will do any good, though they will take effect as soon as the phone does connect to mobile data or Wi-Fi.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

2 replies

How to disable lost old iPhone??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.