You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update to the latest version of Catalina 10.15.7, without updating to Big Sur?

Hello

My mother has a 2017 Macbook Pro. She is currently running macOS Catalina 10.14 and she hasn't updated het software since.

She wants to install iMovie (I deleted it when she purchased the macbook a year ago, but now she has taken an interest), but the app store prompts her that she needs 10.15.6 or higher.

How do I update to the latest version of Catalina, without updating to Big Sur? She currently gets prompted to install Big Sur, but it's been a mess on my Macbook Pro and I don't want her to have the same issues.

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 8:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 8:26 AM

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Select the Catalina 10.15 link.

1 reply

How do I update to the latest version of Catalina 10.15.7, without updating to Big Sur?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.