Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 storage capacity question/issue

Hello. I just upgraded from iPhone 7 to iPhone 11 last weekend. I'm noticing some weird issues regarding the storage space/capacity of my iPhone. When I go to "Settings", "General", "iPhone Storage", at the top where it shows how much is available, it shows this really long number of the total 128 GB available used. And when I click on "About" and scroll down, it shows the capacity as being 128GB, which is correct, but the Available is 1.7TB!!!! Ha ha, I wish! Not sure why these 2 issues are occurring or how to resolve them. Any ideas? I'm attaching 2 screen shots to show the issues mentioned.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 10:41 AM

2 replies

Dec 29, 2020 12:26 PM in response to Steve Scherf1

Any one have any ideas? My capacity available has dropped down now from 1.7TB to 138.07GB, which is better but still above what the actual capacity of 128GB is. And in the iPhone storage section, it's still showing a really long number of GB being used of the 128GB available. The number is slightly different than the first screen shot shows above. Wondering if I should try "erase all content and settings" and try to restore from my latest backup and see if that clears it up, or wait for the next iOS update and see if that helps?

iPhone 11 storage capacity question/issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.