Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

smb broken after 11.1 upgrade

I just installed Mac OS 11.1 upgrade [upgraded from 11.01]. Now when I try to connect to an SMB share from Finder, the Connecting message just runs forever and never connects. The server hosting the share is fine, I can ping and ssh to it from my Mac no problem. I've been connecting to this SMB share from my Mac for many years without any problem before installing this upgrade. I tried rebooting, same behavior. I tried substituting CIFS for SMB in the server string, same behavior.

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 2:49 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 23, 2020 3:02 PM in response to frogola

Click the share from your Finder sidebar's locations entry. This will open a Finder window and attempt to conntect to it. Click Disconnect (if present), or the Connect As… button in the Finder wiindow. Re-enter your Name and Password, and crucially, select Remember this password in my keychain. Then click Connect.

Future attempts to connect to the Share, whether from the sidebar, or via the Connect to Server… shortcut will now succeed as the keychain steps in, and provides the credentials to complete the connection and mount the Share.

smb broken after 11.1 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.