Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to get a complete new SIM and data plan for the Apple Watch?

Hi,

I am thinking of buying an Apple Watch SE with GPS+Cellular. I was just wondering if anyone knew if you have to get a complete new SIM and data plan for the Apple Watch? Can you use your current iPhone SIM without actually removing the SIM from your iPhone or would you have to remove the SIM from your iPhone and put it in the Apple Watch? Is there anyway you can connect your iPhone and your Apple Watch to the same SIM?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 7:30 PM

AFAIK, there is no need to mess around with SIM cards. This may explain it:

Use Dual SIM with Apple Watch GPS + Cellular models - Apple Support

Your iPhone and Apple Watch must use the same carrier, and you must be within your carrier's network when you set up cellular on your watch. There is usually a separate monthly charge from your carrier for adding the Apple Watch to your plan.

Be sure to see the "Apple Watch S" section in:

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

When you need setup your watch, here are the steps:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2020 7:30 PM in response to bee_pannaci

AFAIK, there is no need to mess around with SIM cards. This may explain it:

Use Dual SIM with Apple Watch GPS + Cellular models - Apple Support

Your iPhone and Apple Watch must use the same carrier, and you must be within your carrier's network when you set up cellular on your watch. There is usually a separate monthly charge from your carrier for adding the Apple Watch to your plan.

Be sure to see the "Apple Watch S" section in:

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

When you need setup your watch, here are the steps:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Do I have to get a complete new SIM and data plan for the Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.