Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Complications menu missing in Watch iPhone app

I just got a new Apple Watch series 6, setting it up wasn’t as painless as I was expecting, but I think I am mostly fine. I did notice that the “complications“ menu in the iPhone watch app is missing. It’s normally right above “notifications“. Where did it go? Are used to use this menu to see which apps have complications that can be used, has something changed? See screenshot. I’m worried something might be wrong since this seems odd, and my restore from backup wasn’t smooth. I ended up setting up as a new watch. Latest iPhone and watch os versions are installed.

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 9:15 PM

6 replies

Dec 24, 2020 12:14 PM in response to Joe P.

This happened to me too. I just set up a new Series 5 that came with OS v7.0 and it had the complications menu in the iPhone app. I updated it to 7.2 and watched the menu disappear. You can still search for "complications" in the settings search at the top and it shows up at the bottom of the list but you cannot click it.

I tried re-setting up the watch from new, deleting and re-installing the watch app on the phone, and even am now trying beta 7.3. All of which failed to bring back that menu. However, I can still add 3rd party app complications, they are not missing in add new watch face settings.

Lastly, if you look at apple literature, guides and whatnot, and even the iPhone watch app in the app store, they all show an image of the watch app with the complications menu option that is missing.

I am convinced it should be there. My girlfriend also has a series 5 and her watch app has the complications menu. Seems to be a bug and no matter what I try I cannot seem to get it to come back.

Unfortunately I think we are stuck until an update fixes it.

Complications menu missing in Watch iPhone app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.