Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unix instructions please

I am trying to resolve a Kernal Panic which is not caused through hardware.

The best clue I can find to the cause is the following Permissions return.

Warning: SUIDfile "System/Library/Core Services/Remote Management/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Would a Unix Guru please give me a suitable repair string to fix this via Terminal. ( With instructions to access Terminal from Single User Mode)?

Running iMac model 7.1 Yosamite

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 3:50 AM

No UNIX command is going to fix a damaged System package — not in multi-user, or single user mode. I would look in the menu : About This Mac panel at the specific version of Yosemite that you are running. With that, visit Apple's download site, and get the same version of the OS X Yosemite combo updater, and install that over your existing operating system. That should replace that damaged ARD package. Apply all further security updates.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2020 3:50 AM in response to Terraaustralia

No UNIX command is going to fix a damaged System package — not in multi-user, or single user mode. I would look in the menu : About This Mac panel at the specific version of Yosemite that you are running. With that, visit Apple's download site, and get the same version of the OS X Yosemite combo updater, and install that over your existing operating system. That should replace that damaged ARD package. Apply all further security updates.

Unix instructions please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.