Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

READ & WRITE PERMISSION MAC MNI PRO 2023

I Recently brought Mac mini pro 2023, I can't modify permission in Macintosh HD (read and write), I am the admin but why I can't access it , even paste and delete options denied , I try to change read and write for every one and the pop up appears ( you don't have the necessary permission), pls give solution to this..

Mac mini, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 12:43 AM

2 replies

Mar 26, 2023 2:21 AM in response to udhayamacmini2023

It appear the user has configured Finder to display the " Macintosh HD " on the Desktop of this computer.

I too have an older version of the M1 Mac Mini and it Too is showing like in your image above.

You do not need to change Permission nor can you change Permissions for the Entire Drive in this computer

The Only Area under the Users Direct Control is in the User Account Folder ( Home Folder ) of this computer.

The balance of the Drive and the Operating System is housed in a  Sealed and Read Only Volume that can not be opened by the User nor by Third Party Applications.

The only Entity that can open and modify or alter this Volume is Apple.

That would occur when a update or UpGrade is performed.

READ & WRITE PERMISSION MAC MNI PRO 2023

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.