📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Aargh! Macintosh Hd doesn't want me to read and write to it.

I have Ventura Ver 13. I did the get info for my Macintosh Hd. It says "you can only read". I want to add myself as an admin to be able to read and write but it won't let me as I don't have the permission for that operation.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.7

Posted on Sep 23, 2024 12:43 PM

5 replies

Sep 24, 2024 12:36 PM in response to Keith Barkley

I’m sorry. I double checked with my husband’s computer and that’s when I realized his also was that way. I needed to know that was the way it should be. I only brought the question up because in the recent past I had a problem with my western digital external hd and it said I had read only access with no permission to write to it. I’m sure that’s not right. So! I’m now at the point with that external drive of considering a reformat. Not my most favorite job. That is now a job for another day. I want to thank you and the previous response I had. I learned something (I hope)😅.

Aargh! Macintosh Hd doesn't want me to read and write to it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.