Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur Download Failed

I've been trying to install Big Sur 11.1 software update on my 2019 iMac all week and keep getting the error message:

"Download failed An error occurred while downloading the selected updates. Please check your internet connection and try again"

Wifi signal is strong and I've tried both my 2.4 and 5 G networks. I have 704 GB of disc space...no issue there.

Finally had the time to do some troubleshooting today and launched in safe mode, tried to run the update in safe mode as some suggested and still the same message.

Any other suggestions?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 7:19 PM

I am having the same issue trying to download the Big Sur 11.1 Update 11.1 as it is constantly failing to download. My internet connection is working perfectly and I have 700GB free disk space.

I tried the App Store route but do not see the update listed in there. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2020 7:19 PM in response to PRP_53

I am having the same issue trying to download the Big Sur 11.1 Update 11.1 as it is constantly failing to download. My internet connection is working perfectly and I have 700GB free disk space.

I tried the App Store route but do not see the update listed in there. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Feb 10, 2021 7:46 AM in response to CurtFell

In case anyone is hitting this with 11.2.1, I had this same error several times. I then tried rebooting and it worked. Not necessarily a solution, but worth a try. It could also be heavy load, but in my case the download appears to have completed every time (since the progress showed the complete amount on the download).

Big Sur Download Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.