Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Control Panel on Windows has no Power tab

Macbook Pro 2016 15" A1707, installed Windows 10 using Bootcamp. Everything seems to be working with one problem - Windows restarts when power drops and comes back. Fixed in MacOS (Big Sur) using preferences (yes, Mac OS did it too) but the fix in windows is Bootcamp Control Panel, Power tab, uncheck restart on power failure. My bootcamp control panel has no power tab! It has tabs for startup, display keyboard, trackpad - but that is all.

I tried using Brigadier to download a new set of drivers (even though install is less than a week old) but nothing changed.

Anyone else seen this? Advice for how to correct?

thanks in advance!

Dave

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 11:56 AM

Thanks to your input on my other topic, I did indeed learn that the A1707 shows power failure restart is "not supported on this machine".

that is almost certainly why there is no power tab, so something different is going on...

I'll close this one since I have another topic specific to my issue that supersedes this one.

thanks!!!

Dave

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2020 11:56 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks to your input on my other topic, I did indeed learn that the A1707 shows power failure restart is "not supported on this machine".

that is almost certainly why there is no power tab, so something different is going on...

I'll close this one since I have another topic specific to my issue that supersedes this one.

thanks!!!

Dave

Bootcamp Control Panel on Windows has no Power tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.