You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change screen orientation in Messages

How to allow screen rotation in Messages? My Control Center icon is unlocked for the screen orientation. All my other apps respond appropriately (rotates according to how I rotate the phone) but Messages is stuck on landscape view, which I don't want. any ideas? (PS my phone is a 12 mini but Apple doesn't allow me to choose it. Only allows up to iPhone 11 models for some reason)

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 3:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 2:49 PM

Hey craigst2,

We understand that your iPhone currently isn't rotating when using the Message App. Take a look at the steps in this article for rotating your screen.

Rotate the screen on your iPhone or iPod touch

If those steps do not correct the issue, try restarting your iPhone.

Restart your iPhone

Keep us updated on the progress.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2020 2:49 PM in response to craigst2

Hey craigst2,

We understand that your iPhone currently isn't rotating when using the Message App. Take a look at the steps in this article for rotating your screen.

Rotate the screen on your iPhone or iPod touch

If those steps do not correct the issue, try restarting your iPhone.

Restart your iPhone

Keep us updated on the progress.

how to change screen orientation in Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.