Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not changing to zoom mode. Stuck in standard mode

I'm having the same issue in two iPhones. Both are in standard display mode. I change to zoom mode and nothing changes.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 11:05 PM

One is an iPhone 12 pro max and and other is iPhone 11. On either one, if I choose standard or zoomed nothing changes. It says in order for this to be done the phone must restart, but it doesn't restart. No changes take place, other than the fact that it shows that either standard or zoomed are in effect. On my last iPhone, which was an iPhone 6s plus, the changes did take effect.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2020 11:05 PM in response to Eric--F

One is an iPhone 12 pro max and and other is iPhone 11. On either one, if I choose standard or zoomed nothing changes. It says in order for this to be done the phone must restart, but it doesn't restart. No changes take place, other than the fact that it shows that either standard or zoomed are in effect. On my last iPhone, which was an iPhone 6s plus, the changes did take effect.

Dec 26, 2020 6:22 PM in response to crimedog73

Hi there crimedog73,

It sounds like you are trying to use Display Zoom on multiple devices. We’d be glad to assist. 

To confirm, are you using an iPhone model listed here?

Models that support Display Zoom

If so, do you notice that any of the onscreen controls become larger after enabling ‘Zoomed’ under Settings > Display & Brightness > Display Zoom?

Magnify the iPhone screen with Display Zoom

Are you trying to make other aspects of your iPhone larger?

Change the font size on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

Not changing to zoom mode. Stuck in standard mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.