Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Pod Mini (Set up failed 301009)

Hello everyone,

I just got the message "Setup failed 301009" when I was trying to set up the new home pod mini through my iPhone (iPhone 12).

What I did:

1. Supply energy to the home pod mini
  2. Unlock my phone
  3. Turn on WiFi and Bluetooth
  4. Update my phone to the latest version available
  5. Then once you are next to the pod mini, automatically the set up process of the device popped up
  6. Follow the instructions, accepting terms and conditions
  7. Focused with the camera to the home pod mini I wanted to set up
  8. It starts configuring but it fails all the time

I hope it's a known error and it can be fix easily

Thank you in advance

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 1:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 3:24 AM

Is your Wi-Fi set up with WPA/WPA2 and with any client isolation feature turned off? See If you can’t set up HomePod - Apple Support. Note that:

• HomePod doesn't support public or subscription networks with sign-in requirements. These networks are often in places such as businesses, schools, dorms, apartments, hotels and shops. 

tt2

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2020 3:24 AM in response to Migos46

Is your Wi-Fi set up with WPA/WPA2 and with any client isolation feature turned off? See If you can’t set up HomePod - Apple Support. Note that:

• HomePod doesn't support public or subscription networks with sign-in requirements. These networks are often in places such as businesses, schools, dorms, apartments, hotels and shops. 

tt2

Dec 26, 2020 5:42 AM in response to turingtest2

turingtest2 wrote:

For the device that appears to have got stuck try the Press the top of HomePod to reset it steps from Reset HomePod - Apple Support.

tt2

Hi again,

First of all, thank you very much for all the information provided and the quick answers.

Second of all, I did tried resetting the home pod and try to connect it again to the network but it failed again so, at the end, I had a call with apple support where they lead me through the same steps and the solution they gave me is that either I could give back or change it with another one because it's weird that one Home Pod is connecting but not the other one.

I think I'm going to stop here the conversation because i decided to give it back. In the meantime I will try more things and if I fix it I will write the solution I found here.

Thank you so much, 😊

Dec 25, 2020 1:21 PM in response to turingtest2

I could partially fix the problem.

1. I checked the configuration of the WiFi and I did change to WPA/WPA2
  2. I also unchecked "Wi-Fi PMF" option in my router settings just in case was doing something wrong.

After that, I restarted my router and I could connect to one of mu home pod mini, the other one is still in the same error I mentioned before.

Now, when I open HOME APP, the one which is supposed to be already connected is "configuring" since a couple of hours

For me, this looks like a black magic, hehe

Sorry, I did click on solve but it was a partial mistake, tha anser did solve somethings and that's why I clicked it but not sure if I should have.

Thank you again

Home Pod Mini (Set up failed 301009)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.