Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unauthorized use of my ID

I received two emails today. the letters came from this address noreply@email.apple.com

1. Hello, Sergey!

Your Apple ID used to log in to iMessage on a MacBook Air 13" "KF***9E1".

Date and time: December 25, 2020, 02: 08 PST

Operating system: OS X 10.10.3

if you already know this information, ignore this message.

If you haven't recently used your Apple ID to log in to your MacBook Air 13" and believe that someone else may have accessed Your account, you should reset your password on the Apple ID website as soon as possible.

With respect,

Apple support service

After receiving the first email, I changed my passwords to apple ID and all my emails. But a few hours later I received a second letter.

2. Hello, Sergey!

Your Apple ID used to log in to iMessage on a MacBook Air 13" "BX***NVW".

Date and time: December 25, 2020, 06: 20 PST

Operating system: OS X 10.10.3

if you already know this information, ignore this message.

If you haven't recently used your Apple ID to log in to your MacBook Air 13" and believe that someone else may have accessed Your account, you should reset your password on the Apple ID website as soon as possible.

With respect,

Apple support service

questions to support:

how is it possible that my ID is used to log in on unknown devices ?

why do these messages come to an email address that is not linked to my Apple ID?

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 7:47 AM

Someone may have learned what your Apple ID password is, but if the emails came to an address that isn't linked to your Apple ID, perhaps the messages were not correct. Just to be safe, you might want to consider changing your password and making sure it is a strong one. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      

Security and your Apple ID.      

Apple ID Password Change.     

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.    

2 Factor Authentication - How to generate a recovery key

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2020 7:47 AM in response to Ahrameev

Someone may have learned what your Apple ID password is, but if the emails came to an address that isn't linked to your Apple ID, perhaps the messages were not correct. Just to be safe, you might want to consider changing your password and making sure it is a strong one. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If the attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      

Security and your Apple ID.      

Apple ID Password Change.     

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.    

2 Factor Authentication - How to generate a recovery key

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

unauthorized use of my ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.